The CCU Library provides access to more than 150,000 e-books. Most e-books can be read right on your computer, without the need for any special software or device. Some e-books can be downloaded to your Kindle, Nook, iPad, or other device. Each e-book vendor uses a slightly different interface and allows you to do different things with the ebooks.
E-books can be found by searching the catalog. You can limit your search to e-books by clicking on eBook under Format on the left side of the results screen.
ebrary e-books can be viewed online, and you can take notes and highlight text, copy and paste text, and print pages. View the Quick Start Guide for an overview of using ebrary in your browser. ebrary books can also be accessed from your iPad or iPhone.
EBSCO Academic is a collection of 82,000+ e-books representing an broad range of academic subject matter. You can find EBSCO Academic e-books by searching the CCU catalog, or you can search the collection directly.
SpringerLink is a collection of 54,000+ e-books from all disciplines. You can find SpringerLink e-books by searching the CCU catalog, or you can search the collection directly (please note that if you are searching the collection directly, the CCU Library does not own or subscribe to any of the journal articles contained in the SpringerLink database. Nor does it have access to all of the e-book titles. Materials owned by the library are marked with a small green box and may be downloaded. Materials not owned by the library are marked with an empty box. These materials may be obtained for free via Interlibrary Loan).
There are no restrictions on downloading SpringerLink e-books. Download as many titles as you like and keep them as long as you like.
OverDrive is a collection of popular fiction and non-fiction e-books and audiobooks. You can find OverDrive titles by searching the CCU catalog, or you can search the collection directly. OverDrive e-books and audiobooks are accessable via a large variety of e-book readers and mobile devices. Visit the help page for more information on dowloading OverDrive titles.
CCU Library e-book collections
- ABC-CLIO E-books (450 e-reference books on world Issues (AIDS, poverty, homelessness, etc.), religion, history, international affairs, social issues and countries).
- Facts on File - (432 e-reference books for all subjects and particularly good for science)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library/Infotrac - (148 e-reference books, including religion, psychology, social sciences, history, science, health/nursing, literature, etc.)
- Karl Barth Digital Library
- Oxford Digital Reference Collection
- SAGE E-Reference - (127 encyclopedias and handbooks in all disciplines, particularly social science. Excellent for health, nursing, and psychology.)
Chat with a CCU Librarian
Contact the Library
Clifton Fowler Library