Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Directions for Award Submission
- Print the CFLERPA Application, see below.
- Fill out the application including your signature(s) and the signature of your faculty reference (the faculty to whom you submitted this paper for an assignment in 2021-2022). If this is a group paper, all authors must sign their own application form.
- The application, one-page reflective essay, and research paper should be emailed to Michael Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org in pdf form. Include in the subject line: CFLERPA and your full name. The application must include all three items to be considered.
CFLERPA Winners Announced
Congratulations to our 2021-2022 CFLERPA Award Winner and Runner-Up!
Winner: Isaac Rodgerson for his paper "1 Clement and Unity: Tracing Threads of Hospitality, Brotherly Love, and Humility that Form the Figure of Unity"
Runner-Up: Jessica Strock for her paper "The Musical Journey of The Lord of the Rings"
Clifton Fowler Library's Exemplary Research Paper Award
Clifton Fowler Library’s exemplary research paper award (CFLERPA) recognizes an outstanding research paper written by students who are Juniors or Seniors. The award includes a $100 and $50 scholarships of cash to the winner and runner up.
Any junior or senior student within the College of Undergraduate Studies is welcome to submit a research paper from the 2021-2022 academic year.
Submission Deadline for 2022 CFLERPA is midnight Sunday, April 17.
- Paper must be written in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Length of paper must be a minimum of 8 pages excluding title page, references, tables, bibliography, etc.
- Any academic citation/writing style consistent and appropriate to the discipline is acceptable.
- Students are required to submit an application including faculty information, faculty signature, and a one page research reflection essay.
- Submissions will be scored based on the attached information literacy rubric.
Winners were announced at the Honors and Awards Chapel on Tuesday, April 26, 2022.
Directions for One-Page Reflective Essay
This one page essay should evaluate your research process. Look to the CFLERPA rubric for paper guides.
Address: 8787 W. Alameda Ave. Lakewood, CO 80226 Phone: 303-963-3250 Email: