Checkout Policies (are generally for 3 weeks and 2 renewals; Prospector items are 3 weeks and 1 renewal)
||Maximum Items to Check Out
||Book Loan Period
||Media Loan Period
- You can renew items online through your library account. Login to view your due dates, check outs, holds, etc.
- Items can be returned at the Check Out desk during library hours or outside in the book return by the library's west entrance 24/7.
- If you live outside of the metro area, call the library at 303-963-3250 to ask about mailing items to you. We will mail to you and you are responsible for returning the item to us.
Loan Periods for Reserve Items:
- Your professor has determined the length of the loan period for the items they have placed on reserve, usually 2 hours.
- Reserve items may be taken outside the library while they are checked out.
CCU Library and Prospector Holds:
- You can place up to 25 holds on CCU or Prospector items through the library catalog and pick them up at the Check Out Desk. We fill holds multiple times each day and notices are sent out the following morning. If you want to receive notices as soon as your item is ready, sign up for text message notifications.
- Items that you've requested from other libraries arrive within 2-7 days. You will receive an email notice when it is ready to be picked up (at the Main Campus). If you live outside of the metro area we can mail you items (you will need to call 303-963-3250 and request this) and you are responsible to return them to us.
- Both CCU Library and Prospector items stay on the hold shelf for 8 days.
- Community Borrowers and CCU alums are not allowed to place items on hold in our catalog. Please ask us about placing holds through Prospector if you have an account with another library in Prospector.
ATLA Reciprocal Borrower agreement
- The CCU Library is a participating member in the ATLA Reciprocal Borrower agreement and CCU students can borrow items through this agreement from Denver Seminary and the St. John Vianney - Cardinal Stafford libraries here and others outside of Colorado. Please have something with you that shows you are a CCU student.
- Alumni will need to set up a new library account. We can use your previous student ID or we can assign you a new number.
- Alumni can check out up to five items at a time.
- Alumni can access our databases & electronic resources from within the library only (we will log on for you; just ask at the Circulation desk).
- CCU Alumni are not allowed to place items on hold in our catalog. Please ask us about placing holds through Prospector if you have an account with another library in Prospector.
- The CCU Library welcomes patrons from the Denver-metro area. You can set up a community borrower account with a state-issued ID card.
- Community Borrowers can check out one item at a time.
- If computers are available, you are welcome to use one. Please ask at the circulation desk and we will log you in. At this time, printing is not available from the guest user login.
- Community Borrowers can access our databases & electronic resources from within the library only.
- Community Borrowers are not allowed to place items on hold in our catalog. Please ask us about placing holds through Prospector if you have an account with another library in Prospector.
Notices and Fines:
- Fines are .20/day per item.
- For reserve items, fines are .20/hour per item.
- Courtesy email notices are sent three days before the due date, the day after the due date, and at one and two weeks after the due date. Email notices are sent to the email address on file with the University. The Library cannot guarantee the delivery of courtesy notices. You are responsible for knowing your due dates. Library accounts can be viewed online.
- You can elect to be notified for holds via SMS text messages. To sign up, log in to your library account and turn the feature on in "Account Settings." Data and texting fees may apply.
- Students are responsible to pay for a replacement of a lost item including Prospector and Mobius libraries.
- Faculty and staff may be responsible to pay for a replacement of a lost item including Prospector and Mobius libraries.
- If an item isn't returned after it's six weeks past due or if your late fees are over $20, your student account is blocked with the Registrar. This block will prevent you from registering or dropping classes. When the item is returned or replaced and any fines are paid the account can be cleared. This is not an automatic process; you need to speak to library staff to have the Registrar block removed from your account.
- The standard replacement fee for a lost or damaged book is $50. The standard replacement fee for DVDs and CDs is $30.
- Fines and replacement fees can be paid for with cash, check, or an Amazon gift card emailed to the library at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and student ID number in the email.
View how to borrow at the library