Skip to Main Content
Directions for Award Submission
Fill out this form or follow the procedures below.
- Print the CFLERPA Application, see below.
- Fill out the application including your signature(s) and the signature of your faculty reference (the faculty to whom you submitted this paper for an assignment in 2022-2023). If this is a group paper, all authors must sign their own application form.
- The application, one-page reflective essay, and research paper should be emailed to Michael Smith at email@example.com in pdf form. Include in the subject line: CFLERPA and your full name. The application must include all three items to be considered.
Clifton Fowler Library's Exemplary Research Paper Award
Clifton Fowler Library’s exemplary research paper award (CFLERPA) recognizes an outstanding research paper written by students who are Juniors or Seniors. The award includes a $100 and $50 scholarships of cash to the winner and runner up.
Any junior or senior student within the College of Undergraduate Studies is welcome to submit a research paper from the 2022-2023 academic year.
Submission Deadline for 2023 CFLERPA is Monday, April 17th.
- Paper must be written in the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Length of paper must be a minimum of 8 pages excluding title page, references, tables, bibliography, etc.
- Any academic citation/writing style consistent and appropriate to the discipline is acceptable.
- Students are required to submit an application including faculty information, faculty signature, and a one page research reflection essay.
- Submissions will be scored based on the attached information literacy rubric.
Winners are announced at the Honors and Awards Chapel in May 2023.
Directions for One-Page Reflective Essay
This one page essay should evaluate your research process. Look to the CFLERPA rubric for paper guides.
Address: 8787 W. Alameda Ave. Lakewood, CO 80226 Phone: 303-963-3250 Email: