Checkout Policies for Students
- Maximum of 25 items
- You can renew items online. Login to view your due dates, check outs, holds, etc.
- Items can be returned at the circulation desk during library hours or at the outside book return by the library's west entrance 24 hours a day.
- Books – Three weeks with two renewals (unless the item is on hold for another patron)
- Videos, CDs, print journals – One week, with two renewals (unless the item is on hold for another patron)
- Prospector items – Three weeks with one renewal
CCU Library and Prospector Holds:
- You can place a hold on CCU Library items through the library catalog and pick them up at the Circulation Desk. Holds are pulled once each morning, so if you place a hold after 9 am it will be pulled the following day.
- Prospector items that you've requested arrive at the CCU Library within 3-5 days. You will receive an email notice when it is ready to be picked up.
- Both CCU Library and Prospector items stay on the hold shelf for 7 days.
- If you live outside of the metro area, call the library at 303-963-3250 to ask about mailing items. You are responsible for returning the item.
Notices, Fines and Fees:
- Fines are .15/day for books and .50/day for DVDs and music CDs. There is a three day grace period before fines are charged.
- A courtesy email notice is sent to you three days before the due date, and the day after the due date. Two more courtesy reminder notices are sent every two weeks. Email notices are sent to the email address on file with the University. The Library cannot guarantee the delivery of courtesy notices. You are responsible for knowing your due dates. They can be checked online.
- If an item isn't returned after three reminder emails have been sent, your student account is blocked with the Registrar. When the item is returned or replaced and any fines are paid the account is cleared.
- The standard replacement fee for an item is $38.
- The fee for lost Prospector items is $100.
- Fines and replacement fees can be paid for with cash, check, or an Amazon gift card emailed to email@example.com. Please include your name and student ID number in the email.
Chat with a CCU Librarian
Contact the Library
Clifton Fowler Library