Checkout Policies for Faculty
- Maximum of 25 items (or see a librarian)
- You can renew items online. Login to view your due dates, check outs, holds, etc.
- Items can be returned at the circulation desk during library hours or at the outside book return by the library's west entrance 24 hours a day.
Loan Periods for CCU Items:
- Books – Faculty receive six weeks with two renewals (unless the item is on hold for another patron)
- Videos, CDs, print journals –One week, with two renewals (unless the item is on hold for another patron)
Loan Periods for Prospector Items:
- Prospector books – Three weeks with one renewal (Prospector policy overrides CCU Library's 6 week checkout for faculty)
- Prospector videos and CDs - One week with one renewal
CCU Library and Prospector Holds:
- You can place up to 10 holds on CCU or Prospector items through the library catalog and pick them up at the Circulation Desk. Holds are pulled once each morning (sometimes more frequently), so if you place a hold after 9 am it will be pulled the following day.
- Prospector items that you've requested arrive at the CCU Library within 3-5 days. You will receive an email notice when it is ready to be picked up.
- Both CCU Library and Prospector items stay on the hold shelf for 8 days.
Placing Materials on Reserve
Faculty may place high-use personal and library-owned materials on reserve for short-term checkout. Items can be placed on reserve for two-hour checkout (most typical), 4-hour checkout, 24-hour checkout, or 1 week checkout.
To place materials on reserve, please fill out the Faculty Reserve Request Form and submit it to Karen Neville (303)963-3253. Materials may be placed on reserve at any time, but please allow two business days for processing.
You can view the materials currently on reserve for your class in the online catalog.
Instruction at CCU
Please fill out the Book A Librarian form to arrange for a library instruction session. We are more than happy to come to your class, both virtually or in person. Instruction can be anything from a brief introduction to a database to something in-depth and tied in with a research assignment. The form is quite self-explanatory, but if you require further information or assistance, feel free to contact the library
Inter Library Loan
If the CCU Library doesn't have an item you need, first check Prospector. To request items in Prospector you'll need your CCU ID number (most faculty don't know their number) so please call us at x3250 or Service Central x3230 for your CCU ID number.
If you need an item that isn't available through Prospector, please contact Shane Ratzell (303-963-3255) with your contact information and the citation.
Shane will get the item for you and you'll receive an email or call when it is here for you. Interlibrary loans take longer than requesting items yourself in Prospector (2-7 days depending on what you need and where we get it from). There is no charge.
Check out the Video Tutorial and Script for more information
Study & Conference Rooms
Two conference rooms are available that you can reserve using Master Scheduler (my.ccu.edu). The small conference room 212 holds 4-6 people and has a white board. The large Woodruff conference room 209 holds 8-10 people. If the room isn't reserved (see Master Scheduler for availability) it's available first-come, first-served. These rooms are not intended for use as classrooms.
There are 6 study rooms for 1-2 people and all are upstairs; three have computers. Reservations can be made at the Circulation desk.
Chat with a CCU Librarian
Contact the Library
Clifton Fowler Library
8787 W. Alameda Ave.
Lakewood, CO 80226
180 S. Garrison St.
Lakewood, CO 80226
Phone (303) 963-3250
Toll-Free (877) 777-6132
Fax (303) 301-8252